Regional Wilderness Stewardship CourseDates: Monday May 6, 2019-Thursday May 9, 2019
Location: Twin Falls, ID
Lead Trainer: James Sippel
Target Audience: Field-level decision makers and key staff.
Cost: $100 per participant
Description: Upon completion of this 4 day, interagency session, participants will be able to: 1) interpret and discuss the 1964 Wilderness Act, agency policies and wilderness values envisioned by Congress and wilderness leaders 2) recognize the changing regional issues affecting wilderness management 3) identify and apply wilderness law, agency policy, and management principles to regionally-specific management challenges 4) demonstrate commitment to excellent wilderness stewardship and sound decision-making.
- Course Description and Objectives
- Bureau of Land Management Agency Employee Application
- Fish and Wildlife Service Agency Employee Application
- Forest Service Agency Employee Application
- National Park Service Agency Employee Application
- Applicants outside the Departments of Interior or Agriculture, contact Holly Metzger, 406-243-4682, firstname.lastname@example.org to get an application form.
Enrollment: Use the application forms above to register.